Grilling steak on a charcoal grill. [Source: Terrace BBQ]
Charcoal grills can get you an expert steak done to perfection if you know what you are doing. If you aren’t careful, though, your steaks can taste like, well, charcoal.
If you have never used a charcoal grill to cook steaks before, you need to know a few things before you start.
Grilling Steak. [Source: Terrace BBQ]
To cook a delicious steak, you have to plan ahead. Here are some quick tips sure to get you the best results.
1. The right grill can make even the most amateur of cooks seem like an expert chef.
2. Let your steaks sit at room temperature for 20 – 30 minutes before grilling. They will cook more evenly and absorb your seasoning better.
3. Make sure your steak is dry before you begin cooking it. Take a paper towel and pat your meat until the excess moisture is absorbed. Dry meat creates a better crust.
Directions – How to Grill Steak on a Charcoal Grill
Any good meal comes from the result of someone’s careful preparation. If you want your steak to be restaurant-quality or better, be sure to plan ahead and get top quality ingredients.
That said, here are the basic steps to grilling your steak on your charcoal grill:
1. Heat your grill up ahead of time. Make sure your coals are as hot as you can get them. Then, prepare your hot and medium zones.
2. Season your steak. Trimming the fat from your steak is important. Not only is it healthier, but the grease from the fat can cause the steak to burn.
3. Don’t let your steaks cook at one temperature. Many charcoal grills have the option of a “hot zone” and a “medium zone” setting. Start your steaks on the hot zone for about two minutes, then flip them and cook them in a different, cooler spot.
Once you have done this, cook them the rest of the way on indirect heating.
4. Use an instant-read thermometer to check your steak for the desired level of doneness. You can use this handy chart to determine how long you should be grilling the meat to get your perfect steak.
5. Serve and enjoy!
Jack Thompson is a barbeque expert. He is the proprietor of BRO BBQ
Thank you for reading my article! You have contributed to my success as a writer. The articles you choose to read on Hivisasa help to shape the future of news across Africa.